Part : I Memorandum of the society
1) The name of the society shall be Indian Psychiatric Society-North Zone hereinafter called the "Society" and its activities shall extend to whole of north India i.e. State of Delhi, Haryana, Himachal, J K, Punjab, Rajasthan and U.T. of Chandigarh.
ARTICLE-II (AIMS AND OBJECTS)
2) To promote and advance the subject of Psychiatry and allied sciences in all their different branches and to promote the improvement of the mental, health of the people and mental health education.
3) To promote prevention, control, treatment and relief of all psychiatric disabilities.
4) To formulate and advise on the standards of education and training for medical and auxiliary personnel in psychiatry and to recommend adequate teaching facilities for the purpose.
5) To promote research in the field of psychiatry and mental health.
6) To propagate the principles of psychiatry and current development in psychiatric thought.
7) To deal with any matters relating to mental health concerning the north zone and to do all other things are cognate to the subjects of the Indian Psychiatric Society North Zone.
8) To safeguard the interest of Psychiatrists and fellow professionals in North Zone.